There were 5,190 fatal work injuries recorded in the United States in 2021, an 8.9-percent increase from 4,764 in 2020, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the leading cause of injuries and fatalities in the workplace is attributed to falls, which account for 36.5% of all workplace deaths and result in multiple workplace injuries every year.
Source: The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
5 things to keep workplace safe
- Keep a clean and organized workstations and avoid any unnecessary items.
- Provide your employees with safety equipment necessary for their jobs.
- Conduct proper training and education to help workers understand the workplace safety protocols.
- Regularly inspect equipment and maintain the premises to avoid potential incidents.
- Maintain physical and occupational health services for your employees through human performance evaluations and conduct regular medical examinations, screenings, and assessments to detect early signs of work-related illnesses or conditions.
MedPhysicalsPlus offers occupational health services to significantly decrease losses incurred by businesses when workplace accidents occur and focuses on the reduction of occupational fatalities, injuries, and illnesses.
With the constant change of occupational safety rules and regulations for the workplace by OSHA, be up to date with the new procedures, protocols, or even equipment that can be introduced to the workplace. Learn more about our occupational health services by visiting https://medphysicalsplus.com/occupational-health/, sending us a DM, or calling us at (907) 561-7587 if you have any questions.
Stay tuned with us in June, which is National Safety Month!